Chef – Cakes & Desserts
We are seeking a talented & passionate Cake and Dessert professional.
About the company
Mavis’s Kitchen is an iconic dining destination set within 25 acres of lush farmland in the Tweed hinterland, approximately 45 minutes from Byron Bay and the Gold Coast. The 160 seat restaurant operates for lunch Wednesdays to Sundays, dinner Fridays and Saturdays and for breakfast on weekends. The property is also a popular venue for weddings and corporate events.
About the position
We are seeking a skilled, passionate Dessert Chef to assist the Head Chef and Directors in our delivery of a consistently high-quality experience to our guests across five lunches and two dinners per week, plus regular weddings & functions.
Wedding and celebration cakes are key to our offering at Mavis’s Kitchen, and our seasonal A la carte menus always feature stunning kitchen garden style desserts.
Although your key responsibility will be desserts, this position requires someone who is dynamic within our busy kitchen.
If you are skilled, creative, hardworking and can work within all aspects of a busy service kitchen this role may be for you.
- Previous Experience in a similar position
- Excellent command of the English language (fluency is a requirement for this role).
- Strong people skills with a friendly and courteous ‘can do’ attitude.
- A sound understanding of product and labour costs.
- A strong desire to ‘always keep learning’ and grow your career with the business.
- An ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility in a busy and ever-changing work environment.
- must have own car, drivers license and live within a 30-minute driving distance of Mavis’s Kitchen
The position offers
- A 38 hour working week with standard days off when the restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- A generous salary package including a share in the weekly gratuities.
- A supportive and forward thinking work environment.
If you believe you have the skills and dedication to make this role a success, we’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the next step forward in your career please send a copy of your current CV with a short introduction telling us why you’re the best person for the job.
For further information about Mavis’s Kitchen visit our website: www.maviseskitchen.com.au.
Please note: due to the anticipated high level of interest in this position, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.Apply Here